Cassandra Database Engineer
- Seattle WA
- 9 to 12 Yrs
- $ 87,000/Year
- Posted On: 15 Jun 2019
- Visa Type: Only GC or US Citizens
- Intellitro has a client in search of a Senior Cassandra Database Engineer I Seattle, Washington (WA). Summary: The Senior Database Engineer position works on a central team of Database Systems s and Administrators supporting Distributed Data Platforms for our client, Advanced Technologies and corporate development teams and customers. Primary focus of this position will be Data engineering product support, automation and service of operational and business processes for internet sites and corporate applications for our client. Key responsibilities include day to day database operations for Datastax Cassandra clusters, AWS Systems operations, DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering
- Datastax certified Cassandra Administrator
- 4-6 years of experience with managing and administrating large clusters for Datastax Cassandra
- Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
Intellitro Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Intellitro Inc is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, We offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance